On the occasion April 4, the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action, the TV roundtable was organized in collaboration with TOLONEWS and ALSO titled “Nema Ruz” ALSO representative took part at the program. The objective was to promote the rights of persons with disabilities/survivors. They have a lot of problems: need psychosocial, livelihood and education. The government and donors should pay serious attention to needs of the Mine Victim Assistance issues as the number of mine victims are increasing due to conflicts but supports are decreasing, which is a big concern for ALSO and other disability focused organizations. Government does not have any priorities or specific policy on Mine Victim Assistance. The survivors need supports by government, donors and community to get back to community to have a normal life.
News & Events
- The VA/Disability Coordination bi-monthly meeting was conducted on 5th Feb 2019 at DMAC. Representatives of 20 VA/Disability
- Barriers to and Opportunities for Accessible Elections in Afghanistan
- Meeting with Deputy Operation of IEC Secretariat
- Women Focus Group Discussion (FGO) in National Democracy Institute office:
- Persons with disabilities, participation in the elections