The Executive Director of ALSO Mr. Hussain Ahmadi attended the Fourth Review Conference of the Mine Ban Treaty in Oslo. The Conference adopted the new Oslo Action Plan, which will guide the work of the 164 States that have joined this Nobel treaty in the next five years. ALSO is happy to see victim assistance included in the new action plan. We will do our part in the coming years to make it a success! Director Ahmadi was pleased to take part in this conference and to speak in a side event on the roles of landmine survivors. ALSO is thankful to our global campaign, the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL) @minefreeword for the lead and to Norway for the wonderful conference. We will continue to work until Afghanistan is mine free, until the world is mine free and until every one of the landmine survivors and persons with disabilities live a dignified life like other members of their society!
News & Events
- Presidential Election Access Observation Report
- Press Conference on sharing the observation report on access, challenges and participation of persons with disabilities in 2019 Presidential Election
- Fourth Review Conference of the Mine Ban Treaty in Oslo
- Summary Report of Presidential Election 2019
- The VA/Disability Coordination bi-monthly meeting was conducted on 5th Feb 2019 at DMAC. Representatives of 20 VA/Disability