Afghan Landmine Survivors’ Organization (ALSO):
Afghan Landmine Survivors Organization (ALSO) was established in July 2007 based on the needs of persons with disabilities as a non-profit, non-religious, non- government organization registered in the Ministry of Economy of Afghanistan with the registration of No of 993 to empower persons with disabilities to participate fully in the community.
We strive to create an atmosphere where the rights of persons with disabilities are respected and they become full members of Afghan society.
- To promote living situation of persons with disabilities by providing peer support/psychosocial support, education, economic inclusion, and rehabilitation services.
- To promote the rights and dignity of persons with disabilities by advocating the Afghan decision makers to implement the victim assistance provisions of the Mine Ban Treaty and domestic laws and policies, implement the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Convention on Cluster Munitions.
Principles and Values:
ALSO respects the principles of transparency, accountability, equality, professionalism and neutrality regardless ethnicity, religion, language, age and gender.
ALSO has been operating in following provinces:
- Since July 2007, in Kabul province in districts 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, 15th and 16th
- As of October 2009, in Balkh province in districts 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th and 9th) of Mazar-e-Sharif
- As of September 2010, in Heart province in districts 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th
- As of May 2011, in Bamyan province in Bamyan city